Thursday, April 1, 2010

You know you are a terrible person when....

When your own Mother tells you so! I just couldn't help myself today! I have this pact with my sister Karen, when I get pregnant, she will be the FIRST person I tell. So, this being April 1st, I text Karen:

"Okay so I always promised that you could be the first to know... How are we going to tell Jared?"


Then, I text my Mom:

"So... Just FYI... Ian is going to have a cousin come November 3rd."

(Yes, I was extra mean by including a very plausible due date)

**************Approximately 20 Minutes Later ***********

*Phone Rings, It's Karen*

Karen: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
I've been screaming in my car!

Me: Kar

Karen (over the top of me): YAY I AM SO EXCITED, OMIGOSH,

Me: KAR!

Karen (over the top of me): HOW ARE WE GOING TO TELL JARED, HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOW, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE....

Me: KAREN!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know it's April Fool's right?

(Long Pause)

Karen: YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NEVER FORGIVING YOU FOR THIS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THAT, YOU ARE AWFUL! THAT IS NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Karen: **Click**

******Approximately Another 20 Minutes Later **********

*Phone Rings, It's Mom*

Mom: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN SCREAMING IN MY BATHROOM FOR 20 MINUTES! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Me: Mom?

Mom (Over the top of me): WHY DID YOU TEXT ME THIS? WHY DIDN'T YOU DRIVE UP HERE AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT!?!? DOES JARED KNOW?

Me: MOM!

Mom (Over the top of me): Yay! I will have two cute new Grandbabies this year! Oh, and they can play together!!

Me: MOM, MOM? MOM!?!?!?

Mom (Over the top of me): When can we go shopping! Oh, who have told? What is it? Oh, you don't know yet, too early!?!?

My little brother (in the back ground): MOM!?! What the heck are you screaming for?

Mom (to Andrew, my brother): MELINDA'S PREGNANT!!!

Andrew: CONGRATULATIONS MELINDA!!!

Me: MOM! Mom, you know that it's April 1st right?

(Long Pause)

Mom: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE MOST HORRIBLE PERSON!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT! THAT IS THE MEANEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME? MELINDA!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!

Andrew: What now?

Mom: It's April Fools!

Andrew: OH NICE ONE MELINDA!

Mom: THAT IS NOT NICE, IT IS TERRIBLE, MELINDA YOU ARE A TERRIBLE PERSON!!! I AM NOT SPEAKING TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Mom: Seriously though, I thought "why would she text me this?" I was thinking "why wouldn't she just come here and tell me?" Just for the record, don't text me when you really do find out, tell me in person!

Me: hahahahahaha! Okay Mom! I gotta go back to work!

Mom: SERIOUSLY THOUGH, YOU ARE TERRIBLE, THIS IS NOT FUNNY, I AM REALLY MAD AT YOU!

Me: Didn't you know what day it is? C'mon?

Mom: NO I DID NOT! IT IS SPRING BREAK I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN A CALENDAR TODAY!

Me: AWESOME!

Mom: NOT AWESOME! GOOD BYE!

**********Approximately 20 Minutes Ago **************

I get a text from Mom:

"MELINDA IS A BIG FAT LIAR!!!!!!!! POOH ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



**************Approximately 10 Minutes Ago *************

Another text from Mom:

"I feel so inexplicably sad... for one brief shining moment I saw the face of a beatiful brown eyed boy.... sighhhhhhhhhhhhh."


************Just after reading that text*****************

Me: Sigh... no one can guilt-trip you like your own Mother.....


Happy April Fools Everyone!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Cruel. So very cruel. You give your sister and mother hope for another grandchild in the family and then rip their hearts out when you tell them it was all a joke! April Fools day is the worst. Now they won't believe you when you really do get pregnant!! You're the girl who cried wolf. :)

Kateka said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha! You are so bad. I've pulled this trick but never as successfully as you have. I love how you didn't even have to do that much, your family's imagination just ran wild. Hilarious.