Sunday, April 5, 2009

Post Secret Adventure

As promised, here are some pictures and info about what’s been going on lately. Earlier this week, Karen (my little sister), Jared and I drove clear up to USU to hear Frank Warren speak. Frank Warren is the curator / creator of Post Secret. For anyone who hasn’t heard of it, I highly encourage you to check it out (http://www.postsecret.com/).

Anyway, Jared got off at noon and wanted to leave immediately… the only problem with that plan was that the event opened its doors at 6:00 pm. This meant that when we arrived in Logan at 1:30, we had approximately 5 hours to do…. Oh WAIT! There’s NOTHING to do in Logan! So, we drove around, went to Barnes and Noble, and then drove around trying (fruitlessly) to steal internet. Sigh, finally, they opened the doors for the event! It was really, really great!! I especially loved Frank’s closing statement (and I think it’s a mantra I will try to live by) “Free your secrets, and become who you are.”

My gorgeous sister… trying to steal internet… sinner….



Waiting, waiting, waiting…..


Ah, finally, what a great speaker!

Karen and I before the event started.



While driving around the campus, we spotted these signs… We were all a bit shocked thinking: “Boy, conference dances sure are different in Logan, I don’t remember a single naked conference dance where I live… Then we noticed the “that’s #30”….

2 comments:

Kateka said...

I still don't get the "That's #30". Oh wait, like Roman Numerals? Or is it Roman Numbers? Holy cow. I've got to get back to school. My IQ is dropping a little too quickly. Anyway, love the pics. I haven't heard of the speaker though, you should tell more about him.

marisalea said...

One of my roommates used to always say that we should start a band and call it "BIB MORMON DANCE" because no matter where we toured, we would have some fans!

The last one of these dances I went to a man growled at my friend, he wished that it was triple X!