We went to visit her in the hospital before surgery, in the N.I.C.U. (Newborn Intensive Care Unit). That is one place I can honestly say I don't EVER want to see again, it really tugged at my heart strings! But, by the miracle of modern medicine, she had her surgery and was released fromt he hospital about a week or two later!! She'll be able to live a normal life and do all the things other kids do! Holding her at the hospital after the surgery, I couldn't help but wonder: "Who would ever need more proof than this?" (I hope Anna doesn't mind me posting this photo.) Aren't they the cutest little family?
3 comments:
Ahh, what a sweet post! Yes, God was definitely watching over our little family. I just keep thinking if we lived 100 or maybe even only 50 years ago, little Sara probably wouldn't have made it. One of the drugs they put her on in order to keep her heart stable before surgery wasn't even discovered/produced until about 20 years ago! Without it, they would have had to rush her into an emergency surgery as soon as we brought her into the hospital (which might have made for a shorter hospital visit and therefor smaller bills!), but it wouldn't have been as good for Sara's little body to go into surgery in that condition. Now she's home with us and doing great! She has a checkup with the cardiologists and surgeon tomorrow morning, and hopefully they will say all is well!
Poor little baby! I'm glad the surgery went well.
Thanks for the reminder that it isn't always up to us. You have a good outlook on life. I appreciate you.
Post a Comment